Trip #1 Southern Mexico February 2 - 10, 2018
- Trip Leader: Paul & Debbie Zernis
- Cost: Approximately $1,100-$1,150 - DEPOSIT: $100 non refundable due by Oct. 16th
Make checks payable to Shepherd Church - Note on check: 2017 Mexico W&W
- Project & Details: Rebuilding and cleanup after the devastation of the September 2017 earthquake.
- We will be working in Juchitan, Oaxaca, Mexico, however we don't yet know what we'll be working on due to them in the clean up process.
- We know 7-10 Nazarene Churches that are patricianly or completely destroyed.
- We would like to have nurses and doctors on the team.
Trip #2 Guatemala June 30 - July 7, 2018 (Encuentro 2018)
- Trip Leader: Rob & Monica Paugh
- Cost: $600 + Airfare (Approx. $600-700)
- Accommodations: Dormitory at Nazarene Seminary in Guatemala
- Project & Details:
- Will be Approximately 500 Nazarene's in attendance from around the U.S.
- We will have our own sight or sights depending on the number we take.
- Teams split up and serve on separate sights during the day then come together to celebrate in the evenings.
- Hope to plant 20 -25 Churches by end of summer with a National Pastor
- Pastors are already being trained in preparation for the mission trips.
- Exciting worship celebrations planned with all those attending.
- Projects will include possibilities of the following: VBS, Sports Camp, Light Construction Project
- Arrival: Flying into Guatemala City, Guatemala
- Fun Day: There will be a day available for sightseeing.
- This trip is part of Mission Encounter, or Encuentro 2018. You can click here to learn more about Encuentro 2018
Trip #3 - Israel and Jordan (Summer 2018)
- Trip Leader: Lindell Browning will be our trip leader. Lindell recently retired as Field Coordinator of the Eastern Mediterranean Region. He coordinated the Church of hte Nazarene's work in the region. Lindell and his wife lived in Israel for 35 years, so he is extremely familiar with the work of the church and the area.
- Cost: approx. $3,200 and includes round trip airfare, all ground transportation, meals, fees, visas, lodging.
- Accommodations: We will stay in more than 1 hotel during the trip, but Lindell says they are all first class hotels.
- Trip Details:
- See attached itinerary of a recent trip Lindell led with Grace Point Nazarene from Fort Wayne, Indiana. He said our trip itinerary would be similar.
- This trip may possibly involve some work and witness service opportunities with our Nazarene churches and a Nazarene school in Amman, Jordan. If so, I believe there may be some tax benefits. I will let you know for sure as we move forward.
- The trip will also involve visiting many sites, landmarks and Biblically relevant locations. Lindell is a great teacher ad will share insights at each location.
- Arrival: Amann Queen Alia Airport in Jordan
- Depart: Jerusalem
Together, we join with the global Church of the Nazarene because we believe in the call to be in community. As a church, we join together to help make Christ-like disciples in all nations. We feel a deep calling to funding ministry everywhere. So, following God’s calling, we pool the resources that He has given us.
Work and Witness Trips - individually funded groups travel for 1 to 2 work week trips and provide labor wherever it is needed. WWT Video. Contact Paul Zernis for information about future missions trips. email@example.com
Crisis Care Kits - Once a year, usually in the fall, we have a campaign to collect items that will provide relief to disaster areas. CCK Video
Bikes for Missions - ShepNaz actively supports the Rusty Bellomy Bikes for Missions project which provides missionaries with motorcycles to travel and serve their congregations in transportation challenged areas around the world. This provides bikes to those who are currently traveling by foot. Full Armor Bikers frequently sponsor benefits for this cause.
We believe it's important to be involved in our community.We strive to bring hope and healing to others in a way that changes lives and meets needs. Working alongside our local nonprofits allows us to care for our neighbors and have an even greater impact within our community.
G.R.I.N. - Gahanna Residents in Need provides food and clothing to local residents. Shepherd supports them with food drives and gathering supplies at the beginning of each school year and during the holidays.
HEAVENTRAIN - Heaventrain is a church on wheels. It is managed and staffed by a partnership of local churches and work teams from across the state. Every Saturday morning, the bus leaves the ShepNaz parking lot and heads into the city where it brings high energy, child-centered church to multiple neighborhoods in the Columbus area.
LOWER LIGHTS - Lower Lights Christian Health Center (LLCHC) ministers the love of Christ as a model full-service medical home, focused on whole-person wellness, available to all in Central Ohio who need it, regardless of ability to pay.
We want to encourage you to "Like" the following pages on Facebook so you will get news about our church's work around the world:
links exist to bring together mission-passionate people who have
stories to share and who want to learn how other believers are
responding to God's call to join His mission for the world.